Thursday, December 18, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Silver Hills!

As we near the end of the calendar year, I find myself thinking ahead to my plans and goals for the upcoming year. I've been reflecting on the many performances we were fortunate to enjoy this year, from several Greek-themed shows and an Egyptian show at Atria Seville, to our holiday shows for Mardi Gras and Halloween at Destinations Oakey, to PirateFest, Ren Faire, and the Las Vegas Belly Dance Intensive.

All that reminiscing has me both looking forward to celebrating the joy and magic of Middle Eastern dance next year! -- and thinking back to the many, many wonderful shows we've enjoyed. Today, I'd like to share with you some pictures from my very first show, which was a volunteer show at Silver Hills Care Center.

In some ways, I consider this a run-through for my first "real" show, which was a year later, at Atria Sutton. I say this because, although I'd stopped by a few weeks in advance, when I arrived at Silver Hills, no one was expecting me! (In contrast, when I arrived at Atria Sutton, they had arranged the common area for our performance, and had a sign out in the lobby to direct residents to our show.)

Anyway, although they'd forgotten about me, the staff at Silver Hills found a space for me to perform and rounded up an audience. I put on my music and started to dance...and, as they say, the rest is history.

So, for a real throwback this Thursday...

Silver Hills Care Center
September 2008


No comments:

Post a Comment